A cookie is a text file that is stored on the computer or mobile device by a Web server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the content of the cookie. They allow the Website to remember browsing preferences and navigate efficiently. Cookies make the interaction between the user and the website faster and easier.
HOW DO COOKIES WORK?
Cookies can only store text, it is usually always anonymous and encrypted. No personal information will be stored in a cookie, nor can it be associated with an identified or identifiable person. The data allows this website to maintain your information between pages, and also to analyze how you interact with the website. Cookies are safe in that they can only store information that was put in place by the browser, which is information that the user has entered into the browser or that is included in the page request. You can’t run the code and it can’t be used to access your computer. If a web page encrypts the cookie information, only the web page can read the information.
Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
Depending on who is the entity that manages the computer or domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, we can distinguish:
- Own cookies:These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies:These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies. In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
Types of cookies according to the period they remain activated
According to the period of time that they remain activated in the terminal equipment, we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies:These are a type of cookie in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Types of cookies according to their purpose
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical cookies: They are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access to parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: They are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies:These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and to create browsing profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Cookies from external social networks: they are used so that visitors can interact with the content of
different social platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) and that are generated solely for
users of these social networks. The conditions of use of these cookies and the information collected
COOKIE MANAGEMENT TOOL
This website uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool from Google that primarily allows website owners to understand how users interact with their website. It also enables cookies in the domain of the site you are on and uses a set of cookies to collect information anonymously and report website trends without identifying individual users.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES ON YOUR COMPUTER: DEACTIVATING AND DELETING COOKIES
All Internet browsers allow you to limit cookie behavior or disable cookies within the browser settings or options. The steps to do this are different for each browser, instructions can be found in your browser’s help menu.
- For more information about Internet Explorer click here or how to block, enable or allow cookies click here.
- For more information about Chrome click here.
- For more information about Safari click here.
- For more information about Firefox click here.
Through your browser, you can also see the cookies that are on your computer, and delete them as you see fit. Cookies are text files, you can open them and read the content. The data inside them is almost always encrypted with a numerical key that corresponds to an Internet session, so many times it has no meaning beyond the web page that wrote it.
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session.
- Close. The notice is hidden on this page.
- Modify your settings. Podrá obtener más información sobre qué son las cookies, conocer la Política de cookies de https://winerim.com y modificar la configuración de su navegador.